Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thanksgiving

Lots of people on Facebook posted a daily "I'm thankful for..." post all through November. Since I'm such a cool hipster and avoid anything "trendy," I did not participate; however, in my mind, I intended on posting a good Thanksgiving post on the holiday. But Thanksgiving was kind of a crappy day. Sometimes your day is just kind of crappy. Thanksgiving was one of those days. Actually, November and October were just kind of crappy months.

But that's all behind me now, and I want to write about that I'm most thankful for, and mostly likely in no particular order.

-My family: All of them. I love everyone in my near and immediate family and I just wish that more of them would move down here! (and that one is number one)

-Education. I'm so thankful that I was raised to value education and for the opportunity I had to attend college and earn my degree. It's already paying off, and I love that I can answer so many of my children's questions right off the top of my head and know that I'm not feeding them a load of BS.

-My talents. I really do have a lot of talents, and I'm thankful for my ability to sew, create, draw, play piano, bake... and other stuff.

-Pets: I love my kitties and dog so much. I love the neighbor's kitties. Life without pets is simply no way to live, in my opinion.

-Music. I may be a bit of a music snob, but I love good music.

And right now I have to go potty. This is better than nothing, I suppose.

2 comments:

crazy lady said...

Indoor plumbing is a good thing when one has to go potty :0)

That is a lovely gratitude list.
We really are blessed in so many ways especially compared to the majority of the world population.

I love you sweetheart!

Lost Woman said...

Well, if there is anyone who stays away from a trend... ahem! Me. (:
My october and November were kind of stinky too...maybe it was something in the universe?

Great list. Always good to remind ourselves how good things really are.. it is so easy to end up focusing on the other end of the spectrum.

I'm a music snob myself... but of course what I think is good will always be different that someone elses pics.

Glad that your talents, pets, family and education have given you so much. (You DO have a lot of talents!)