Wednesday, November 28, 2012

She's an artist

I hope I never have to try to explain this child t anyone. If I do, I'm pretty sure if I just tell that person, "she's an artist," it'll all make sense.

I wanted to google tips for raising an artist. But I thought I may end up with tips on how to force your child to be an artist. That's not what I want. I want advice on how to raise a person who is obviously an artist and properly deal with all that goes along with being an artist without stifling creativity.

Everything she sees is a canvas. Every acorn, bead, and flower on the ground is a treasure. She is a piece of work.

2 comments:

Lost Woman said...

I don't know how to raise an artist.

I do know that the education system and social pressure will do everything it can to beat it out of her. Conformity and one answer linear thinking (the antithesis of artistic thought) are the pillars of most education and social structures.

Maybe the best bet is consistently letting her know she is loved...loved especially as she is. Her uniqueness is what makes her so wonderful, but also the reason she may get picked on.

On a less philosophical note: My mom was always an advocate of paper.... endless paper. She said it was a cheap way to keep us engaged and thinking.




crazy lady said...

I'm glad I happened to look at your blog today! That picture made my day! She IS an artist through and through. And you and Celiac are both right on in hoping that her creativity and uniqueness is not "taught" right out of her. I like what C said about letting her know she is loved - as is :0)
And of course you already know about the paper thing. She has probably gone through 10 reams already...
Love her! Love you!