Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013

It's the last day of 2013. Actually, the last few hours. I rarely update this anymore, which is sad, because it serves as a really good record. I use Facebook, but I can't go back and look up old stuff like I can on this blog.

Overall, 2013 was a good year. I ended the year 10 pounds lighter than it began. I discovered CrossFit and can now do things I never though possible: pull-ups, pistol squats, handstand holds, 250 lb. deadlift, etc. I gained a lot of new friends as a result of CrossFit. I feel amazing. I have so much confidence. I love my husband, but i don't NEED him. My sewing skills improved. I cooked more healthy meals. I never got sick, which I attribute to daily exercise and grapefruit intake. I started a VERY small sewing business which I hope to turn into my full-time career. 

My family has also had good fortune this year. Shane finally got a good job working with the state (and with me!). Chloe and Leyla have done great in school and swim lessons. Sissy started driving. Dylan finally realized I'm not evil. Mom and chuck came to visit us, and then the girls and I got to visit them. No one in my family passed away this year.

Really, it was a good year. I hope 2014 is just as good! I'm looking forward to more PRs and getting that elusive muscle-up this year!
Here's a pic from Jan 2013 and fall 2013.

1 comment:

crazy lady said...

Well Missy... I didn't see this til now. It WAS a good year for you with lots of challenges and growth in many areas. It's always good to atop and reflect on the good things. You are one of the good things in my life. Love you to the stars and back.